Attention all Geo Cachers!!
An appWidget dedicated for geoCachers – install it on your home screen. It dynamically updates itself to show you the count of all caches within a certain radius of your current location, and using the button you can go through to the geocaching.com website to see the list of caches.
NB This is an appWidget which has to be placed on your home screen to work. It does not appear in the list of applications to run.
Features (Free version)
- location determined by network and/or gps
- Shows latitude and longitude of current position if available
- Based on your current position can give you the number of caches nearest to you within a certain search radius. (needs a data connection – either 3g or wifi)
- auto detect of location changes can switched on/off
- manual refresh facility will update location and cache counts if available regardless of auto detect setting
- User preferences for:
- decide on units of distance to be used
- search distance for cache locations
- display format of location co-ordinates
- If online network is available then facility to show the web page from geocaching.com for the current location
These are the permissions we require when you install this widget:
- fine (gps)
- coarse (network based)
- full internet access
- read phones state and identity ie we need to know if phone has just ‘woken’ up, gone on or offline etc.
We do not do anything with phone calls as such